I feel so busy these days. With working 1 day a week, sometimes 2 I find myself BUSY. The girls are going OK with school, they like school. Both get exhausted by the end of the week though & I really hate Friday afternoons I have named it meltdown arvo. We are having some behaviour issues, but I won't go into detail about that here.
Solomon is growing up by the day. I just wish I could keep him as my baby. He really thinks he's 5 already & wants to do everything he see's his big sisters doing. The words are now coming thick & fast. I just love him so much & although he is active & he does have "strong will" he is a much easier toddler by far than his sisters. We still have him in a COT! He has not attempted to climb out once, so while he's happy & settled there I will leave him there! He is mad about Thomas the Tank & the Wiggles. I think the face on Thomas makes him so appealing & he just LOVES anything like planes, cars, trucks, bikes, trains MOWERS LOL. He's such a BOY. Atm I am weaning him off watching the Wiggles. It's my own fault though, I would put it on for him when I was busy & now he wants it 24/7. So I've been ruthless & just saying no & spending a lot more time playing with him. I want him to be able to play without entertainment. He has now taken to DORA! He likes watching the girls playing a Dora game they were given. If ever he doesn't want to do something I can work around him by saying "Ok the water in the bath has to go to bed, say BYE to the bath" he waves & says "bye, bye bath". I LOVE it. I am constantly saying that the Wiggles are in bed too LOL. Usually if I ask him something eg "Would you like a drink?" His answer is "NO WAY". NO WAY is his new favourite word LOL.
Kateleigh & Danika are my handful. Even at 5.5yrs old they still challenge me on a daily basis. I tend to do lots with them as by the time they get home from school they are tired. Usually they have a play out in the yard. Now it's getting dark by 5:30pm they only have a short playtime. We have just started letting them play on my PC of a morning. ONCE they are ready for school, they can play a Dora game they were given. They are getting better with their co ordination, with it. We seem to have a pretty "tight" routine as it's the only way we can function by the end of the week. We eat dinner very early so that if they need to they can go bed. Danika is sometimes asleep at 6:30pm. It's a very fine line though, if she goes to sleep super early she wakes super early the next morning. So it's hard finding the balance of early, but not too early. The other day she was up at 4:45AM! Danika just LOVES to draw. She is very creative. She tries to write & shows interest in that. Kateleigh on the other hand could give or take writing LOL. She can write her name now, so that's a start. It's interesting that even though they are ID twins they draw very different, same with painting. Kateleigh LOVES colour. Her pictures seem to be very bright & colourful & big. Danika's are more detailed, smaller & more "life like". It kind of reflects their personalities. Danika is a very now & here person, happy to do whatever & hands on. Kateleigh is more of a dreamer & loves fairy tales & fantasy. Kateleigh is a very bright & bubbly little girl most of the time, she has no trouble in making friends. Danika is a lot more shy & quiet (at home is NOT though). Danika can tend to be more of a loner & I sometimes have to coax her. Once she has a friend she is right, but at the start she is quiet & needs some help from me. It's very interesting in that I see myself in Danika. Kateleigh is very happy most of the time but the fine details are VERY important! She reminds me so much of my sister Paula.
Ok I should go, I have rambled on enough. Was just filling in sometime as the kids have been up since 5am.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey BB
Thats what I use to tell Jack about The Wiggles going to bed. He use to want to watch them all the time to, so I would say sorry Wiggles are tired from all their dancing and they went to bed.
Good to read a catch up on your life. Nice to see you at the show the other night.
Post a Comment