Danika left, Kateleigh right.
Kateleigh & Danika had their first sports day on Monday. I stayed & watched most of the day, which was good but a big juggle with Solomon. Solomon thought it was FUN & he wanted in on the action. He ran out in front of the class as they threw their discus & he pulled metal things down the kids were trying to jump over. He basically went into destroy & destruct mode as he tried to run off 100 times.
Anyway both girls made it into the final running race! I was so pleased. They ran the heats & both got 2nd in 2 different races. For the final they were in the SAME race. A bit hard on a Mummy when you have 2 in the same race LOL.
Here are some photos of them running. Danika has the pink stripey socks on, Kateleigh is bare foot.






Anyway both girls made it into the final running race! I was so pleased. They ran the heats & both got 2nd in 2 different races. For the final they were in the SAME race. A bit hard on a Mummy when you have 2 in the same race LOL.
Here are some photos of them running. Danika has the pink stripey socks on, Kateleigh is bare foot.
Kateleigh got 1st in the final & Danika got third. I was SO PROUD of them! They were really proud too. I am very annoyed that they did not get a ribbon though. I was told that the prep's don't get them (yr 1 do) & it was b/c they don't like the put "judgement" on them! What a load of rubbish! Every kid got a ribbon that said "I ran in a race". I am ticked off with the school b/c each WEEK a kid from each class gets an award called Student of the week. So far my 2 kids have NOT had the award. Student of the week gets up in front of the school & gets given an activity pack. So each week my kids have watched someone in the class get this, so about 15 weeks of seeing OTHER kids get something they haven't. Yet they don't give 1st, 2nd 3rd for running race b/c it might make someone feel bad! Is that a double standard or what? Not happy JAN. I know the girls don't really understand & they don't know the difference or are not bothered, but it's the whole point they do student of the week but won't give them a special ribbon. For the 1st time they achieved something! They won the race! They WON, THEY did it, with no help from me or anyone else. They should have that acknowledged, but it hasn't been so far :( (except by Ash & I).

1 comment:
Great photos of them running! I think that's very unfair about the ribbons too!
Post a Comment