The kids were so very excited. Solomon couldn’t settle himself to sleep so at 10:15pm I put him in the car & went for a drive. He was out like a light then.
Kids woke & I heard Danika & Kateleigh squeal with GLEE over finding reindeers! They were just so full of joy & excitement. I could hear “Oh LOOK isn’t that SOOO CUTE!”. The kids got to pat the deer & also feed them.
After the excitement settled about the deer they found the near by playground. They set off to try out the swings, slides & other fun stuff. The playground was rather old, something like I would have played on when I was a child. The weather was perfect & they had such fun. They made some friends, so they were set. Solomon followed the girls around & had a go on things too. Some girls found some baby turtles in the playground so more excitement.
In the afternoon we went down to the creek & we all cooled off in the water. We chose a shallow area & the kids had fun. We had fun too. We saw a few lizards & dragonflies & butterflies. We made some “boats” with some empty drink containers & that provided lots of fun & entertainment.
On Sat night we had a BBQ dinner & then we lit a fire. We all sat around toasting marshmallows. The kids were that tired that they asked to go to bed!
We left Sunday about lunchtime. What a great weekend it was & we can’t wait to go again. Here’s our weekend in photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment