
My precious kids! Took this shot the other afternoon. Solomon, Kateleigh & Danika.
Well life is so good atm. Ash is working non-stop, but apart from that everything else is good. I love being a Mum & I love my 3 kids. I can't believe that Mr.S. is almost 5mths old already.
The girls are growing up so fast. They ask me a million questions a day! It really does my head in some things they ask me. At the moment they are fascinated with DEATH! They want to know why Nanna doesn't have a Daddy, but they really mean hubby. I have told them that Poppy died. That he now lives in heaven with Jesus. So I explain this & get a whole heap of questions thrown at me. Why did he die? Where is heaven? Can I go there? When will we die? When will you die? Are their swimming pools in heaven? Is there food in heaven? What does it look like? Just some of the questions they asked me. Kateleigh started getting upset, to the point she was crying! She doesn't want to die! She said, "No, I don't want to leave you Mummy". Some of what I said... One day we all die. Everyone dies one day. Kateleigh didn't like this bit! I told her that God made it so everyone gets born & one day everyone dies. Told her that she's not going to die for a very long time, maybe when she gets really old. I said, "If you are friends with Jesus, he has a very special place for you live, he's makes that place & you go there with him. Everyone who is his friend will be there & he has a special place for you. You can't see that place now, but one day when you die you go there. Poppy is there & that's why we can't see him anymore” I said Jesus is making you a special place & when he gets you, that's when you die & you live there. It's a very good place & you will really like it there & one day Mummy & Daddy will be there too" Because they don't really get the whole concept of "old age or a really long time" it's very hard for them to grasp what I am saying. So all our conversations are centering on death, dying & heaven atm. We don't have any pets, so they haven't been able to experience a pet dying. Today at the markets I bought them some strawberries & banana’s (treat fruit) I made the comment to the lady "they will be heaven now". Danika excitedly exclaims, "These are for heaven, to take to heaven"!!

Solomon is my delight. He’s so close to crawling. I am so not ready for him to crawl yet. He gets in his hands & knees & rocks & rocks. He can move, just not a “proper crawl” yet. He’s so close though. He also sticks his bum in the air & pushes to one side so he losses balance. It makes him fall & roll over at the same time.
He’s laughing a lot. He laughs are the girls & Ash mostly. He also loves his hands & feet. He can spend 20 mins looking at his feet & hands. He’s so active already. At the moment playing is more important than feeding. So we have been having lots of short quick feeds. He hates having to lie down. So he has a quick drink & he’s off again. When I give him formula he screws his face up & still doesn’t really like it. I also bought him a sipper cup today. I want to start offering him water. He sweats so much! He now weighs 7Kg & is about 65cm’s long so he’s growing well.
Last night I made some more nappies for him. They came out OK, but I have a few adjustments to make. We’ll get there.
A shot of the front of the nappy I made & one on his little butt.So another quick entry about what’s been happening here….

2 comments:
Well done on the nappies - look awesome!
Re the girls getting caught up with death and worried about it, I remember clearly my little sister going through that stage when she was 3. It made her really sad to think that people will die.
It is a natural stage, and a natural curiosity that they're showing. They sound like lovely sensitive little girls!
Hey BB
Great to read an update in your blog. I can't believe Solomon is nearly 5 months! The girls sound so grown up now to!
Post a Comment