For the last month or two Kateleigh & Danika have been asking for a pet. I haven’t been keen to get a pet as I have my hands full with 3 children. After much talking we got a pet budgie. Ash loved having birds as a child, so I agreed on the condition that he takes care of the bird. We named him Buddie. He was a very friendly baby bird. He was learning fast & the kids & Ash got him to sit on their finger. Well early this week, Kateleigh fed him cheese. I had told both the girls not to feed him food, but Kateleigh must have put cheese in his cage. The next morning after Ash had gone to work, I found him VERY sick & close to death. We rang the guy we got him from, but unfortunately it was too late & Buddie died. He died in Ash’s hand. Ash came home from work & it was very distressing for the girls. Kateleigh was distraught. She knew that the cheese she fed him made him sick. I’ve never seen her so upset. She sobbed her little heart out & was very distressed. They both went with Ash to burry him. Even that was distressing. Danika didn’t like the fact that the dirt was ON him. After they buried him, both girls were still very, very upset. I could not seem to comfort them or stop the tears. It was HORRIBLE. We called the guy we got him from & we were able to get another bird.
So we have a new addition. His name is Aussie. Ashley chose him; he wanted a bird that had a good temperament. So far he’s a happy little bird & both the girls are so happy & love him to bits.
Here’s some photos of our new pet Aussie. Can you see why we called him Aussie??
Aussie

Kateleigh & Aussie


Danika & Aussie
1 comment:
Oh BB!! That is so sad about the bird!! That must have been SO hard to cope with. I hope that Aussie has a much longer life!
Post a Comment