Our budgie is the pride & joy of the family atm. We get him out every night. At times Ash has worked late & the girls have begged me to get him out. He doesn’t seem to like being out as much when Ash isn’t here. He’s Ash’s baby LOL. Ash just adores the bird & so do the kids. Solomon even LOVES him. He tries to say bird. The other night Solomon had his 1st “hold” of him & he seemed to like it.
Kateleigh has been talking about getting married a lot lately. She’s going to marry JOSH! She says, “You know Josh wants to marry me, then we will live in our OWN house & I can have a baby”. It’s the funniest thing. We are also having some “cutting” issues with her. She is obsessed with cutting things with scissors. So far she has cut her sisters hair, her doona on her bed, her curtains in her room, dolls hair & tail off a teddy bear. On the weekend she cut up a toy of Danika’s. So she is banned from using the scissors! Daycare, home, girls brigade, childcare & kinder church. She IS out fashion GURU though, just check this out!
Danika is fine with scissors but her obsession involves Solomon! She is constantly picking him up, carrying him, cuddling him & putting him up on beds & things. We have told her thousands of times to give him space, but she has no idea of the concept. Here’s one place she put him…
On Tuesday night Kateleigh & Danika came home from Girl’s Brigade happy. They were the ONLY kids that knew their memory verse. I think it was out of the whole group, not just their age group. I love hearing them say the verse they have learnt. Here is the prize they won, but it was FULL of lollies. I must admit they were very hyped after all those lollies.
Kateleigh has been complaining of a sore foot since Sunday afternoon. On Tuesday I took her to the Dr. Solomon has hit the toddler stage I think as he ran me raggered! Anyway the Dr said her joints all look fine. She thinks she might have fallen on it & the muscles & ligaments might be sore.
In the afternoon they got hold of the phone. I had been down in the yard & left the phone down there. Kateleigh picked it up & decided she wanted to talk to someone on the phone. I didn’t know she had the phone until Danika came in the kitchen saying, “Mummy Megan from the Dr is on the phone, she wants to talk to you”. She hands me the phone & Megan on the other end says, “I just got called from Kateleigh & I wanted to talk to you to make sure everything is alright”. Turns out Kateleigh rang the Dr’s & told Megan that no one was here! No Mummy, Daddy or anyone else! Danika took the phone off her & told Megan I was here & she bought the phone to me. So we have had a lesson in not touching the phone UNLESS an adult is there & says it’s OK!
Yesterday afternoon I spent some time with the girls. Solomon went to childcare as a make up day. His only day is Monday & he’s missed a lot of days due to public holidays (I still pay for it though). They had a space yesterday for him, but not the girls. So in the afternoon he went in for a couple of hours & I spent time with Kateleigh & Danika. We set up Danika’s old room as a craft area. We are using her old cupboard as a craft storage area. They did some painting & we also played a sticker game & board game.
Solomon’s 1st birthday is coming up in about 2 weeks. It’s sad to think my baby is turning one. He’s still my baby though. We are planning a “family” type party for him at my parents place in Brisbane. If we have something here there will be NO family to celebrate. I’m thinking of doing an afternoon tea/ BBQ for a few friends we have here. I want to do something nice for our special little man.
That’s Solomon at my PC!
A morning cuddle with Mummy….

1 comment:
Gorgeous photos as always BB. But, you're going to have to tell Kateleigh that Josh wants three babies, not just one!! *giggle*
Post a Comment