Monday, March 10, 2008

I thought it was about time for an update. Life is just sooo busy these days. One day blends into another & before I know it, the week is over. The last month I have been on 2 or 3 weddings with Ash. I have the kids going to family day with a lovely lady named Jo. A bit confusing for Solomon as one of his carer’s at childcare is named Jo & his family day carer is Joanne. He calls them GO LOL.

For the last 2 months Ash has been renovating our shop. It’s been a huge job. We can now have everything the way we would like. Rick has moved back to Brissy & Ash has the whole shop to himself. We have converted Ricks work room into a baby/kid friendly studio. The walls are white & stark atm but we will soon change that. We have child safe gate on the room; it doubles as a kid friendly area while parents are busy with Ash. We have toys & a change table in there. There are no studio lights, so kids can play & know they can’t break anything. Ash has spent so many nights at work, sanding, painting etc. All takes a lot of time. We are now getting the floor of the “gallery” tiled. It should be finished by the end of this week & then everything will be completed. We had new lighting installed as well, so I’ll have to post some photos once it’s all finished.

Last weekend I traveled to Brissy. Chris paid for Mum, Paula & I go to the Gold Coast for one night. Chris looked after Kateleigh & Danika & I took Solomon with me. We girls had a fantastic time! We spent Sat afternoon shopping at Pacific Fair. I didn’t buy very much but gosh it was good LOOKING! We then had a spa that night & went out to dinner at the Thai restaurant about 20meters from where we stayed. Solomon was great & the girls had fun with their cousins & Uncle Chris.

Solomon is such a little boy now. His vocab is growing rapidly atm. He can repeat most words & says new words daily. Today when he woke he was yelling Äsh, Ash!” He loves one book in particular atm. It’s got fish & sharks in it & he talks about fish & sharks a lot. Same with “park”& “rock”. He seems to be a nature lover like Danika. He is climbing more & more but I guess I’m getting use to the climbing gene my kids are all born with. He is also in love with the Wiggles. If he’s grumpy I tell him Wiggles he races to the lounge room & waits for it. It’s too funny watching him dance & tonight he was saying “Chirpy, chirpy”a song from the Wiggles. Today Solomon has his 18mth vaccination done. He didn’t cry at all.

The girls are well. Both like school, but get so tired. Today for the first time Danika said she didn’t want to go. I asked her why & she said, “Because it’s hard work & I get tired”. I explained that she needs to learn things so that when she’s an adult she can get a job. She was clingy when I dropped her off, but her teacher said she was fine for the rest of the day. Last week there was a snake in the school playground! It was just a few days before that Danika informed me that she wants to HANDLE SNAKES!!!

We had an appointment with the ENT a few weeks ago for both Solomon & Kateleigh. It turns out that both need their tonsils out. The hospital doesn’t allow children under 2yrs, so we are just waiting for Solomon to turn 2. Both will have the op on the same day & Ash & I will be with them. We have now told Kateleigh but she’s fine with it. She is looking forward to the toy she will get as Danika got her Twilla cat from us. Danika has been so well since her OP, so I’m hoping will experience the same with Kateleigh & Danika.

I am waiting to have a mammogram too. My Dr thinks that I have a cyst in my breast. I will have a mammogram & ultrasound. As time goes on I notice more & more that is something not right with one breast. I’m not sure what will happen once we get the results, I might need to have it drained or something. I wasn’t going to share that very personal info, but it’s really only girls that read my blog anyway.

We have a new video camera. Our other one died. It’s been dead a while & as the kids are still very young, we think we need one. They are growing up so quickly & I want to be able to have some memories recorded. One Friday I dropped me iron & then it blew up, so now I have a new iron. Hopefully no other appliance will die on us.

Ok I think that should be enough for one post! For one there are no PHOTOS!!!!

No comments: