Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Frogs!

Lately we have had lots of rain, which means more frogs around. My girls LOVE frogs. They love ANY animal, especially Miss Danika. She goes crazy over any animal. It’s rather funny; she can’t stand to watch Kateleigh have an animal while she doesn’t! She always wants to hold the animal & as soon as it’s Kateleigh’s turn she’s complaining her turn is taking too long.

The other night we had a frog on the back step, so we let the girls get out of their beds to have a look. Well they went burko. Danika was in her glory. She just HAD to pick it up. Of course it tried to jump away. I feel sorry for the frog. When it was Danika’s turn Kateleigh had a melt down b/c she wanted it. There is a photo of her meltdown! She ended up hitting her head on the rail of the back steps (you can see the mark on her forehead).

Some how Danika found another frog, so there were 2 frogs. Those 2 frogs were very man handled & it’s a wonder they are still alive. Here are the photos.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Danika is in love with her teacher. She just ADORES her teacher. She told me last week that she wants her teacher to be her mother! I felt kind of bad about that, but on the other hand I am so glad she really likes her teacher. She also said she wants to do jobs to get money so that she can GIVE it to her teacher! I told her that her teacher already gets money for teaching her LOL. She also told Ash that when she grows up & has a baby girl she wants to call it “Mrs. Crosgrove” Lol.

School has been a huge adjustment for Danika. I have really questioned my decision to separate them. Last week we had lots of tears & her teacher was a bit concerned that she wasn’t coping very well. I have agonized a lot!! Anyway, I think most of it is b/c she’s getting very tired, not being with Kateleigh & a total new environment. So it’s a big adjustment. The girls haven’t been playing together, so I think her issues don’t stem from that. She has lots of new friends & seems to get along with the kids in her room.

I go into the school on Tuesday’s. The girls love me helping. They get very ticked off if I don’t actually get to help them though. Kateleigh was a bit painful today when I worked with another group of kids. The teacher aide commented on how “determined they both are”. She said when they really don’t want to do something, they really don’t”. I said, “I know, they challenge me all the time”.


All in all I think they both really like school. I think they both have friends & are learning loads & loads. I have made a “chore chart”. They have been asking for money, so now we have a system. I have pictures of their jobs & tick them off. If they don’t do a job they lose 10 cents, if they do all their “jobs” they get $2 each & can spend it however they want to.

2 comments:

Mother Duck said...

so great that the girls are loving school BB! The frogs are cool too!

The Mini Mum said...

LOL those poor frogs!! hehe looks like the girls had fun! :o)
I'm glad the girls are enjoying school BB :o)