Monday, September 29, 2008

Lots happening

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE school holidays!

It's so lovely to not have to get the kids ready for school & do drop off's & pick up's. I love having the kids home, even if they do fight a lot.

Last week I finally made the curtains for Solomon's room. I've had the material since he was a baby. With his new bed up I just wanted them made. Gloria helped me cut the material & she also ironed the seems for me :). Here's what they look like in Solomon's room.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Solomon is going SO WELL in his bed. I am totally shocked to be honest. NOTHING like his sister's. They use to jump, play, take all their clothes off, pull all the clothes out of the drawers & strip their beds on a DAILY basis. With him, he gets in & has his milk & GOES TO SLEEP. He has only got out once & that was b/c he wanted a cuddle & then went back on the bed & to sleep. So I am happy with how well he's done, it's been a dream!

This weekend my cousin & her 2 kids came up. We had a great time. On Sat we took the kids to the park. Sun we took them to the trains in the park & then in the afternoon we went to the Bay. The kids had fun at the park. The girls had their faces painted. Danika went on the jumping castle & Kateleigh & Taya had a train ride. Solomon went on the train & loved every bit, even though in the photos he looks so serious.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the afternoon we went to Hervey Bay & took our kayak. The kids ran on the beach. The girls had so much fun finding little crabs & putting them in a bucket. They wanted to bring them home, but we said no. They ran & jumped & swam. We took them for a ride in the kayak which they enjoyed as well. When the tide is right out you can actually see coral. We took Solomon in the kayak too. He hasn't been in it since Jan & he was a lot younger then. Here's some shots of him & Ash & also him in his life jacket.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This morning Monique, Taya & Kade left. Now Paula, Jai & Amaya are on their way up :). It's so nice having people come & visit us!

1 comment:

Nique said...

Hey BB

Looks like you all had fun on Sunday. I love Solomon's bed and his curtains look great.

We are still trying to get Jack to sleep in his bed... one day.