Saturday, August 09, 2008

All is calm

Well finally everything is going smoothly here. On Friday Miss Kateleigh Rosebud woke with a raging temp. She was SOOO hot. It was a very cold morning, but she was HOT. I had her down to knickers & singlet :(. She was feeling cold even though she was burning up. Danika also woke with a headache & slight temp. I said she had to stay home from school & man she was so mad about that! I took them to the DR. Kateleigh started antibiotics & so did Danika. Since then things have calmed down.

I think both Solomon & Kateleigh are really sore though. Today they seem more sore. Solomon has ditched his bottle. It's a good thing I don't have to take it away as he doesn't want it. Hurts too much to drink. BUT I am having a very hard time getting him to drink fluids. I think I have the world's fussiest 2yr old when it comes to food & drink.

They are both eating & drinking & getting there. I know it's going to be sore for a few more days yet, but hopefully soon they will be back to normal & no more sickness.

I forgot to mention in my previous post about something funny. When Solomon was in hospital they did ob's & one was taking his pulse. Wwhile they happened to be taking his pulse this one time, someone turned Thomas the tank on. Well Solomon's pulse went right up!!!! It's proof that he really does LOVE Thomas!!!

Also last weekend something else funny happened. Kateleigh announced to me that she was making me a surprise. I heard her going through things in the kitchen and then she went downstairs. She came back up soon after. She had grass, leaves & rocks in her bowl. She then proceeded to add milk & stir it. That's when I walked in! She then put a saucepan lid over the top on the bowl. Saying "abracadabra alakzam" She waited a few seconds then pulled up the lid. She started crying "It didn't work!" " I wanted to make you a surprise! ". So she said the same words & lifted the lid again only to be very disappointed! She really thought she could do magic & make something special for me.

No comments: