Wednesday, April 25, 2007

ANZAC Day

Today was Anzac day & the girls marched for Girl’s Brigade. They looked quiet cute in the march alongside everyone else. Before we left I had to try & explain what Anzac day is about. I found doing that a big challenge! My kids have no concept of war. So today for the first time we talked about war & fighting & how thankful we are that we have a great country to live in.

Today was my 1st ever Anzac event! I think that it’s pretty bad that I have never been to a march or dawn service. I want our children to appreciate the Anzac story & events & I want them to be involved in honouring those who fought for our country.

Here is Kateleigh in the march.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Here is another photo Kateleigh left, Danika right.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Here’s Mr. Solomon with Daddy & Mummy.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Solomon is eating more & more chunky type of food. He still mostly only likes to eat sweet foods though. One veg he actually likes is pumpkin. Here he is going for it LOL.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


2 comments:

Mother Duck said...

I think it's so great that the girls got to march in the Anzac Day parade BB. Good on you for going. Love that photo of Solomon eating dinner!! What a mess!

Nique said...

We watched the parade but I didn't see your girls, it could have been when I was talking to Jack that they went past.

Love the photo of Solomon, I have photos like that of Jack but he still gets very messy eating a lot of the time.