Monday, August 13, 2007

Big couple of weeks!!

What a big few weeks it’s been. Two weeks ago Ash went to Melbourne to do family photos for Renee & Mark. I went to Brissy with the kids. We stayed at mum & dads. It was a nightmare with Solomon & their “water feature”. He loves water, as does any toddler. He threw quiet a few things in it & also get the sleeves wet on a few tops. I just couldn’t relax at all. We are well & truly into the toddler stage again.

The girls spent the Sat with mum though. She took them to her exercise class, then to the shops. She bought them both a new dress & skirts each & some threading beads. It was lovely to have some time to spend with Paula. We went to Ikea. Both Solomon & Amaya sat in their prams while Paula & I had a good window browse.

Here’s Kateleigh doing some threading.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And Danika

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The girls had fun playing outside at mums too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


On the way to get Ash the highway got closed. I then crawled in traffic for 2 hours, yes 2 whole nightmare hours. The kids were angelic in the car though & I was very proud of them all. At one point I tried to get the girls to feed Solomon some baby food, but that made a huge mess. I was 2 hrs late in picking Ash up & what should have been a 2hr trip turned into 4hrs. In total we spent 7hrs in the car!!

While at Ikea I got the girls a little tent to play in. They LOVE it. Here is a photo of Ash in it with all the kids!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last weekend I spent the weekend in Toowoomba! I went there to a woman’s conference & Nee was a guest speaker. On the Thursday night Solomon was sick. Got him to see a DR on Friday morning & he had a throat & ear infection. He was still a happy lad though. He was good in the car for the four-hour trip there.

Here’s Renee on the stage being interviewed by her MIL. She spoke about the things that Mark had been through & also her PG & birth of the trio. She did SO WELL.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Renee, Solomon & I together (don’t mind me looking like a grott)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is the church service on Sunday morning..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There were over 1000 woman there & it was an awesome weekend. I feel very inspired! It was also the 1st weekend the girls have ever spent with Gloria. I think they had a great time. On Sat she took them to the beach & also to “Reef world”.

When I got home, they RAN to the car & told me how much they missed me. It was lovely to know they DID miss me! Solomon was great in the car, but by the time we got home I think he was tired of the car seat!

2 comments:

Mother Duck said...

It was GREAT GREAT GREAT getting to see you and Mr S again BB. It's a shame the time went so fast though. Thanks for saying that you thought I did a good job too. Miss you already. xx

The Mini Mum said...

aaawww that's sooo sweet that they missed you! Great pics sweetie :o)