Thursday, August 30, 2007

A big day

An action packed day here. I was DETERMINED to get out of the house today! I’ve been home & nowhere else since Sunday. Today Solomon was a lot better & brighter so I decided to do something with the kids. I packed them up & went to H’Bay.

Solomon loved walking around on the sand. The weather was perfect. He was fascinated with the small waves & just loved the seagulls. Kateleigh & Danika spent time collecting shells & playing in the playground. I also took their bikes & they rode on the bike path, while I pushed Solomon in the stroller.

We then dropped Danika over to Nana’s. It’s something we are doing each week. On Thursday afternoon’s one of the girls go to Nana’s & do something with her. We alternate them each week & this week it was Danika’s turn. Kateleigh had a major meltdown though b/c she wanted to stay with Nana too.

Gloria had organised with her friend Dell to take Danika for a ride on the back of a horse buggy. She also had a donkey there. Danika LOVED it! She was so excited to tell me all about it. Her eyes were so wide & her whole face was full of excitement & life.

Kateleigh & I had some time together. We came home & she did some painting. She asked to do painting so we mixed up different paint coloures together. Then we went to Queen’s park. While we were driving there we had an interesting chat in the car (as always LOL). It went something like this

Kateleigh “Mummy why did Poppy Smith die?”
Me “Umm because he had a heart attack. That happens when your heart doesn’t work & when your heart stops working, you die”
Kateleigh “Oh, I love him”
Me “Oh really, do you know what he looks like?”
Kateleigh “Umm not really, but I love him & he loves me. I really do love him”
Me “Why do you love him?”
Kateleigh “Because he would give me love, he would give me big huggles & I like his huggles”
Me “Well you know what, your Poppy Smith would have loved you lots & lots & he would have given you lots of huggles if he was here”

1 comment:

Mother Duck said...

What a beautiful conversation. You can "hear" her mind thinking! I know your three are sick again atm, so thinking and praying for them and you! xx