Thursday, December 21, 2006

A scare, but all is OK

A very full on 24 hrs! We got a phone call at 2am on Wed morning. It was Raylene phoning to say that Brad had a minor heart attack! We were shocked. Anyway he was flown to the Holy Spirit hospital in Brissy yesterday morning. They did some tests & it turns out that he didn’t have a heart attack. He has a virus & it’s affected his heart. His heart is inflamed. He’s been treated & looks like he will be fine. We are so thankful that everything is going to be fine. His heart has no blocked arteries, which is great news. Brad has to have 6 weeks off work & lots of rest.

I had Danika to the DR before & she has another ear infection. At least we could see the DR & get her the medicine she needs. At the chemist the girls asked for a lollypop & I bought them one each. In the car on the way home Kateleigh pipes up with “Mummy my lollies penis is sticky!” I found it very hard to stop myself from bursting into laughter. She was obviously talking about the stick of the lollypop.

The girls are really excited about Christmas. They keep talking about it all. I asked them in the car yesterday “Why do we have Christmas?” They both said, “Because it’s when baby Jesus was born, it’s Jesus’ birthday” So at least the real meaning of Christmas IS getting through. They are so excited about presents though.

Again I asked what they would like for Christmas. Kateleigh now wants a dolphin. They both want a blow up Dolphin for swimming in Grandma’s pool. Danika said she wants to share hers with Uncle Mark.
I am so unorganized for Christmas. I still have all the presents to buy for my family. I just can’t bring myself to go shopping with so many people & my foot hurts so much to walk on. I also don’t want to cart 3 kids around while I try & find items to buy!

1 comment:

Mother Duck said...

I'm so glad that it wasn't an heart attack! I hope that Brad has a very speedy recovery and returns to full health soon. Also praying that Danika gets over her infection super quick. xxx