Sunday, January 07, 2007

Argh...

Wow what a day yesterday was. I spent most of my day treating all our hair for head lice! They totally suck. Danika had a head full of them. I went to the chemist & got some expensive stuff that didn’t even work. Before that I tried a more natural approach & used conditioner. Both methods did help, but there were still live lice & eggs left in the hair. I have been through everyone’s hair a few times & spent hours picking out eggs & lice one by one.

Yesterday my boy was not so perfect! He has decided that playing is way more fun than being in his cot. Each time I try to put him to bed, he sits & cries. If he sees me he cries even more. I have tried giving him a feed & putting him into bed asleep, but he wakes up & then cries to come out. He was so tried yesterday afternoon that when he was being fed his pumpkin he fell asleep in the HIGHCHAIR! He couldn’t stay awake any longer. Last night I let him have a cry when I KNEW nothing was wrong & he went to sleep in a few min’s. He’s also discovered that being on the floor is FUN. He tries to get out of my arms & wants to get on the floor all the time or touch things as I walk past (like plants).

Ash did a wedding at Monto so was gone from 7am-11pm. A long day for us at home. We made a quick trip to the shops to buy more fruit. The girls are eating lots of stone fruit atm, which is great. We hit another milestone with Solomon yesterday; his first car trip with his seat facing FORWARD. I could tell he loved it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




The girls come out with so many questions & funny things. We had a BBQ on Friday night & Ash was getting the food ready. Danika pipes up & says “Daddy we had to wait for you to come home from work, so you could start the BBQ, cos ladies don’t do barbies”
Yesterday while I was trying to explain to the girls that I need to kill all the head lice & make sure they are DEAD one of them says “Mummy do head lice go to heaven?”

2 comments:

Mother Duck said...

Oh what a clever boy he is being turned around in the seat like that! I hope you get rid of the lice soon, it must be driving you crazy!!

Nique said...

To be honest I hope headlice don't go to heaven lol How did you answer that question?