Thursday, January 25, 2007

Danika's operation

Danika had her op Tuesday morning. She had her tonsils & adenoids removed (they gave her so much grief). It was a juggle with Solomon & being there for her on my own. Solomon was a champ & I'm very proud of my girl. She did SO WELL. I went into the theatre while they put her sleep using a gas mask. She was very brave & did all the things they asked her.

Her recovery has been great. She is in pain, but she wasn't sick afterwards. She was very sleepy yesterday, but is a lot brighter today (she was up at 5am). Ash stayed with overnight & I stayed at a motel room with Solomon. We drove home Wed morning & I feel exhausted. The drive home was hard cos I feel so tired, (I nodded off so had to stop).

Kateleigh was fine with her Nana, but I know she was glad to see us. Danika was given a brand new dolly & pram from the hospital (left over gifts from Christmas). She was excited with that (I am, but a bit hard when you have 2 little girls). So far they have been sharing it.

Here's some shots of the day of her operation. We gave her a "pussy cat". When she was taken to the ward I gave it to her & she cuddled it for the rest of the day. I'm so proud of her.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


2 comments:

Mother Duck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mother Duck said...

Glad that Danika is doing well BB, I hope and pray that this is the end of her problems now! BTW Mark just saw the pics of Solomon and he can't get over how much he's grown!