Tuesday, July 10, 2007

WONDERFUL NEWS!!

My BROTHER & SIL are expecting their 1ST baby. This baby is CERTAINLY a MIRACLE.

They have been TTC for a LONG TIME. They went through IUI for a long time & then moved to IVF in Jan. My brother had a low sperm count but a part from that they seemed well & fit etc. My SIL did fall PG about 2 or 3 yrs ago but lost that baby before 8 weeks. When they went to IVF they couldn't even do a transfer. For some reason when their embryo's developed they would only go to day 5 then die. Their 1st cycle didn't make it to transfer. They had some tests done & they were told that it was a very rare problem. Then when it happened the 2nd cycle they were told that they only gave them 2% chance of having a baby, even through IVF. I found this so hard to hear & my heart was so heavy for them. How unfair I thought. They would/ will be fantastic parents. Anyway despite the odds against them, they decided to go ahead with the cycle. Out of 27 eggs ONE embryo made it to transfer. ONE egg was their only hope. They were told that that one embryo didn't hold much hope either. I knew this, but thought it hadn't worked. Despite this I have been praying & praying. Well they are now 12 weeks! Sarah had some bleeding 2 weeks ago, but it has stopped & everything looks great. I asked my brother if he ever gave up hope & he said "No NEVER". I just know this baby is their own little miracle. Praise God that miracles still happen to ordinary people.

2 comments:

Mother Duck said...

That is just THE best news. I am so so so happy for them! Wishing them all the best with this pregnancy!

Nique said...

BB

I was so happy when you told me this news this morning. Praying all goes well.