It was a big day. Just before I left I found HEADLICE in Kateleigh’s hair. I hate those things with a passion & I am sure they are sent from the devil! Anyway finally got home. Ash, his cousin Nathan, wife Rachael & their 2 lovely kids greeted us.
I noticed straight up the new BBQ shed area. Ash had made this before we left (I really need to put some photos up of that, but have realized I don’t have any yet). While I was away he put in a sink! Looks good.
Then I was off to check out my laundry. He had put in a proper “clothes sorting table”, at waist height. So now more bending over. He also put in another shelf above the washing machine.
I turned around to see under the house what looked like a fridge. So I walked over to see. Yep was a fridge & it was our fridge. I quickly thought “WHY IS THAT HERE?”. I raced upstairs to see what was in my kitchen & got a massive shock…..
Ash had gone & bought this WITHOUT telling me. I was just gobsmacked! I LOVE it though. He wanted to buy me something nice & good. We really haven’t bought much since we have been married 12yrs ago. We did buy a washing machine (which we are still using) & a bed shortly after we married, not much else. The old freezer was a chest one we got 2nd hand off an old guy. I HATED it (especially since having kids). Things always fell to the bottom & I could never keep track & had trouble even reaching the bottom.
Then we went off to see a kamper Ash had found here in Maryborough. After we packed up at Red Rock & it taking 5hours we thought there must be a better way. So while Ash was here & I in Brissy he did some looking around on the net. He looked at different types of camping trailers, vans & the like. Most of what he saw was around the $5000-$7000 mark. Way out of our price range. Then the day after he bought the fridge/ freezer on his way to the shop he passed a kamper in someone’s front yard. He stopped to look & found it was what he had in mind of getting.
The asking price was $3300. He saw the very same thing online in Vic for $5600! So he looked at every nook & cranny & went about telling me everything about it. Just after we got home I went to look & I agreed to buy it.
It’s nothing flash & all very simple. But it means we can have things packed & ready & get away without too much fuss & bother. If Ash has a weekend free we can pack up & do something. The kids are SOOOOO excited.
Here it is.
During this week I have been fairly busy. On Tuesday I went to work & finished early. Afterwards I went to the uniform shop to buy the girls some new uniforms. I got some stuff 2nd hand before school finished too. Wow $186 gone with 2x dress’, 2x sports tops, 2x hats & 2x socks. So one uniform each. The dress was $43 EACH. I’ve told the girls that they really have to look after their uniforms as they cost a lot of money! Here they are in their new school dress. Danika is the full length shot, Kateleigh is in the shoter tighter shot.
I have bought them new shoes each & a new bag too. Also got their book packs during the week, so they are all set to start school. They are in year one this year & starting at a new school.
I have finally got rid of the headlice. All 3 kids ended up having them & it took hours & hours to go through their hair daily to get them all out. It’s the eggs that make them hard to get rid off. If you leave one egg you have a problem. I just used good old hair conditioner & a metal nit comb. Solomon HATED it. I told him I had to get the bugs out of his hair & he was better after that.
Ash has put together the girls dolls house & Solomon’s train table they got for Christmas too. I don’t have any photos yet, but will do that sometime soon. Solomon LOVES his train table. As soon as he comes out of his bed room he starts playing with it. Here is a pic of him taken at Paula’s with a couple of trains.
Here’s some shots I took of Kateleigh during the week. She felt in the mood LOL.
And some of Miss Danika & yes they look TOTALLY different in these photos. Certainly not like ID twins here.

2 comments:
wow new fridge! its nice! And wow expensive school dresses!
Yep them theres me grand kids a chip off the ol bock hey , just like their poppy DDD
Post a Comment