Monday, January 12, 2009

Red Rock Camping Holiday

Red Rock

After Christmas Ash & Brad drove down to Red Rock. This year they went a day before us so that things could be set up for when we got there! I liked that idea.

We drove down the day after Boxing Day & the traffic was terrible. I think everyone chose that day to travel, but we got there in the end. Kay & Steve & Ebony & Joaquin had already been there a week before us. Our site was next to theirs.

Our days were filled with going to the beach & river. Ash used the kayak & all the kids enjoyed that. Solomon mostly stayed at the water’s edge but Kateleigh & Danika were little fish. Their confidence in the water compared to last year has grown A LOT, especially Kateleigh.

We would sunscreen them up twice a day & usually spent the hottest part of the day at the tent. The kids enjoyed playing with other kids & doing games etc. Solomon was kept busy riding his bike & playing with a connect four game. Aunty Kay was wonderful & often kept him busy. K & D had such a wonderful time playing with Eb & Jark.

On one of the days, think it was New Year’s Eve it was a very hot day. Each morning I would sunscreen the kids. This day I knew I had done 3 sets of arms & legs & 3 faces. Before we left Danika told me that I hadn’t put cream on her. I told her that she must have forgotten as I HAD done it. After a few hours of playing the beach we came back & the kids were tired so they went for a nap. When Danika woke it was obvious she was sunburnt. Her face went from pink to red fairly fast. Turns out I put sunscreen on Kateleigh TWICE & she didn’t tell me! She giggled when I asked her if I did or not!! I felt like the worst mother as Danika had told me but I said I did do it.

We had New Year’s Eve & Day there. We spent the night fairly quietly with a BBQ dinner. On New Year’s Day they had races in the park for the kids. It was so much fun. Solomon came 2nd (only b/c one baby had a huge head start) & the girls also won races. For the running race Danika was winning but stopped right before the finish line so they crossed TOGETHER. Just one special twin moment I think.

Anyway here’s loads of photos from our time at Red Rock.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had a wonderful time & the weather was really good. Some of the days were hot, but not raining like last year. We left one day early as it was going to rain. The kids had the best time, but I can’t really say we got all that much relaxation!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Gorgeous pics as always BB. Looks like you all had a fab time. How cheeky is Kateleigh not telling you you'd put cream on her twice! *lol*