Thursday, March 19, 2009

PIRATES vist

For the last week or more the girls have been getting into "pirates". I have no idea how it all started, but they have been talking a lot about them & "dressing up".

Well I though I'd do something fun with them. I decided I'd make a treasure hunt. I feel that I don't do enough "fun stuff" with them. I'm always cooking or cleaning, or on the PC! Never seem to get to do something fun or interesting with them (well apart from going to the beach). So yesterday while they were at school, I made 2 eye patches, 2 hats, a sword each & a treasure map. The map well it probably didn't look great, but they loved it.

They were so happy! I helped them "look like pirates". By the way it was their idea's to wear the boots LOL. I said to them that I didn't make Solomon a sword & Kateleigh said "Oh well he will have to walk the plank then".

While they were at school I put some chocolate coins in a small container & buried that. They really had NO IDEA how to find the treasure. They were completely CLUELESS on what they had to do, I had drawn arrows, but still no idea on how to follow them LOL. I basically told them where to walk, but they still liked it.

They had such a great time. I tried to video & take some pics, but it doesn't work to well & I accidentally pressed a button on the video camera & I missed them "finding the treasure". I am HOPELESS with a video camera!

Here's the photos I took. Kateleigh is in the white shirt, Danika the grey shirt.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Yesterday afternoon Danika was unwell. In the morning she said her throat was sore. When I got her from school, she looked terrible & had a temp. We still went ahead with the treasure hunt. She had a temp all through the night even after the Nurofen it was still sitting at 38. Kateleigh is also complaining of a sore tummy again, so I took them both to the Dr. Kateleigh is being treated for giardia again & Danika is on antibiotics. I feel wrecked atm. Solomon is at childcare. Today I usually work, but I'm home with K&D. We went to the video shop & I let them pick 5 movies between them. Of course they picked Bindi's Fitness one & that's the one they wanted to watch first! Told Danika not to jump around (she is quiet sick, so I don't think she would be able to).

1 comment:

Nique said...

BB

That's such an awesome and fun things you did for your kids!